Wednesday, November 4, 2009

E-Social

Though my social life has been sucking pretty bad lately, my interactions on internet social media (ie, Twitter and Simler, facebook not so much because i know all those people and that seems to give them the excuse to ignore me online) have been rather interesting and fun. Good interactions on Twitter again after a long dry spell, and Simler gets better everyday. Social media relies on the people involved, and between Facebook and Simler, the people on Simler seem to be genuinely friendlier and more interested in interacting with people. Facebook is just like having a cell phone, something people seem to think they need to have but shouldn’t use unless it’s the end of the world.

Facebook=narcissist heaven
And this is why:
On Facebook we take quizzes, update our profiles, and upload pics of ourselves...and those are the most popular activities on FB...not actually interacting. Sure FB Chat is popular, but it sucks. If people really wanted to interact in a chat environment we’d all upload our AIM SN (or whatever chat client you use) to FB and all talk somewhere more reliable XP So really, FB is more like anti-social media. Even all this sharing of youtube videos and whatnot is just us saying “look! I have good taste in shit! agree with me!”

But I digress

I was gonna go into details of all the great interactions I’ve had on Twitter and Simler lately, but howbout you join up and see for yourself :P It’s been so great on Simler that it makes me want to move out west where alot of people on there are from XP

1 comment:

  1. Pretty interesting comment. I'll think about it some more.

    ReplyDelete