Thursday, November 19, 2009

what i wrote in a bar

I visited where I used to work the other night. It was mostly empty, so I sat at the bar next to the only other guy there(at least, he was at first). And this is what I wrote while I was there.

-----

when you sit in
a memory from your past
seeing people and things
that haven’t been
a part of you for
well, quite some time
*insert life lesson here*

-----

he sits next to me
and
asks for things
he doesn’t want
quickly denying them
before his server can
make a
move
“it’s mucho grande’”
“I LIKE mucho grande’!”
what a booming yet
simple voice
i wonder if he has an
accent
can’t tell
must
pay
better
attention

-----

tonight was slow
gotta get out
gotta gotta
getget
the
F-, oh i’ve had enough
cursing for the time
being
being
being is easy
living is easy but
uncommon

-----

even us
underage folk
wander to bars when we’re
lost or
feeling down in ourselves
depressed
bitchy
etc.

-----

the ice in my drink
attacked me!
“Defend the last little bit!!!”
how rude

-----

click-on
light-up
pens
customers oh so
amazed
but confused
it only does it every
other
click
“oh look!
a light!”
laughter ensues
i’ll admit
i chuckled, it was funny
got a weird look though
i had revealed i was eavesdropping!
shit
guilty
“i was on TV once!”
yeah
okay
waving in the background of a commercial
doesn’t count

wait
it does?
damn

i wanna be
on TV
too
hey, can i
have your autograph?

laughter ensues

-----

No comments:

Post a Comment